Thursday, November 25, 2010

More old myspace

Mar 29, 2009
cheap happiness

I feel like rotting dogs...(take that as you like)...so I gotta keep on stridin'.
aka: do stupid shit like make lists.
my ten "desert island" albums in no particular order.
1./2. Beastie Boys "License to Ill"/"Paul's Boutique"....these two albums have given me more joy over more time (more than 20 years) than any others.
3. Lightning Bolt "Ride the Skies"...if I intend to survive on said desert island, I'm going to need something to make me FEEL ALIVE and to inspire me to scribble on rocks.
4. Stooges "Funhouse"...for when i develop fireside rites of tribal fury on the beach at 2am.
5. Sebadoh "The Freed Weed"...probably gonna need a soundtrack to all the meloncholy spirituality on this tropical, lonesome new home of mine.
6. Captain Beefheart "Trout Mask Replica"......"I was shanghai'd by tophat beaver moustache man"....y'know, making sense of it all.
7. Misfits "collection one"...same reasons as number 3.
8. Black Flag "My War"....I'm probably gonna be angry that I got shanghai'd sometimes. I'll try to chop wood when I'm angry and listen to this....
and
9. Public Enemy "Fear of a Black Planet"
10. Bruce "Born to Run" I'll listen to "thunder road" as the bomb drops or I start to die from malnourishment/lonliness.
unrelated note: I think I stopped caring about new bands coming once black dice started to suck (Beaches and Canyons).

No comments: